Teacher for Visually Impaired
Work from Home Tele-practice Opportunity
Must have or be willing to obtain multiple licenses (one being in the state of Virgina)
Teaches and works with students to improve level of understanding and overall confidence. Operate in a nontraditional school setting while providing the best level of guidance and instruction.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education with necessary credentials for TVI
- Licensed in South Carolina, Maryland, or North Carolina
- Licensed in Virginia or willing to obtain license in Virginia
- Instructs students within the course of study approved by Board of Education (instruction includes current Braille techniques)
- Ability to develop or assist in development of IEP’s appropriate to the needs and abilities of each assigned student
- Abilitiy to provides individual and small group instruction in compliance with IEP goals.
- Excellent verbal and oral communicator
- Complete assessments (functional vision assessment, etc.), as needed for student’s needs
- Will regularly transcribe into Braille and/or large print.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Uses a variety of instructional techniques appropriate for the age of students assigned
- Ability to work from home in an unsupervised setting
- Ability to learn, adopt, and work comfortably in a virtual teletherapy setting
- NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE IN TELETHERAPY NEEDED – WE WILL TRAIN
To be successful in this role the TVI must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. They must be have a willingness to learn and champion teletherapy. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. The candidate must be available must be available and do direct work during school hours.
For more information and to be considered for the position APPLY NOW at the top OR contact Daryl.
Call (770) 225 - 3012
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled