Teacher of the Visually Impaired - TVI
Must have or be willing to obtain multiple licenses (one being in the state of Virgina)
Work from Home Tele-practice Opportunity
NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE IN TELETHERAPY NEEDED – WE WILL PROVIDE TECHNICAL TRAINING
Operate in a nontraditional school setting while providing the best level of guidance and instruction. Teaches and works with students to improve level of understanding and overall confidence. Works with students Kindergarden through Grade 12.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education or a related field
- Licensed in Virginia or willing to obtain license in Virginia
- Licensed in South Carolina, Maryland, or North Carolina
- Instructs students within the course of study approved by BoE (including current Braille techniques)
- Ability to develop or assist in development of IEP’s appropriate to the needs and abilities of each assigned student
- Abilitiy to provide individual and small group instruction in compliance with IEP goals.
- Complete assessments (functional vision assessment, etc.), as needed for student’s needs
- Will regularly transcribe into Braille and/or large print.
- Uses a variety of instructional techniques appropriate for the age of students assigned
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Excellent verbal and oral communicator
- Ability to work from home in an unsupervised setting
- Ability to learn, adopt, and work comfortably in a virtual teletherapy setting
To be successful in this role the TVI must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. They must be have a willingness to learn and champion teletherapy. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. The candidate must be available must be available and do direct work during school hours.
Call 770.225.3012 OR Email Daryl.Porter@vocovision.com
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled